we had our brunch office Christmas party today… where in the world have you heard of BRUNCH Christmas party??? hehehe anyway, it’s something different thus time. the preparation was simple – we had pizza, salad and pasta from afrique’s.
yesterday Jen and Dianne distribute their gifts to us. I got a bottle of wine and a spa gift certificate 😉 the girls are really sweet. as a practice (tradition), we also give out our gifts to everybody in the office. for the Jen, i bought a lavender knitted shawl and got Dianne a blue native necklace. i gave to marlon my black shirt and for the rest of the boys (ivan, lymbergh, nereo and tope), it was the 365 Days with the Lord book. lorenz was right when he told me that the guys will not complain about my gift since its the Word of God. jen like the shawl and Dianne was pleased with her necklace. oh, nereo gave me a ceramic canister, marlon had a nice bottle opener and francis gave me a CD entittled Lovers’ Bossa Nova.
butz , ting, joie and carl joined in our office brunch christmas party…
Money is your means of survival. The verdict you pronounce upon the source of your livelihood is the verdict you pronounce upon your life. If the source is corrupt, you have damned your own existence. Did you get your money by fraud? By pandering to men’s vices or men’s stupidity? By catering to fools, in the hope of getting more than your ability deserves? By lowering your standards? By doing work you despise for purchasers your scorn? If so, then your money will not give you a moment’s or a penny’s worth of joy. Then all the things you buy will become, not a tribute to you, but a reproach; not an achievement, but a reminder of shame. Then you’ll scream that money is evil. Evil, because it would not pinch-hit for your self-respect? Evil, because it would not let you enjoy your depravity?
by: Ayn Rand
last night i finished reading paulo coelho’s valkyries. it’s about the author’s 40-day journey in the quest to talk to his guardian angel. accompanied by his wife chris, they went to the desert to find people that will lead them to paulo’s angel. there they met Gene, a 19-year old magus(magician), who told paulo that he was able to find and talk to his angel through the help of the valkyries. it turned out that the valkyries is a group of women motorcycle riders that travels the desert in order to preach about New Age.
i was happy i finished another of coelhos’ books… it was a christmas gift from lorenz last year. review coming soon….. hopefully 😉
with the Grace of God I was able to make my last payment on the credit card of Lorenz for the medicines we bought during Lola’s hospitalization.
it was a bittersweet moment. i was happy that i will no longer think about paying more than P3,ooo in the next months… and sad because of disappointment
what comforts me now is that God has never abandoned me and has always been my Provider…
ngaa STOP light ang twag sang mga tawo sa TRAFFIC LIGHT??? hmmm….
memories that i cherish…. somehow classified but not necessarily in any particular order:
- elementary graduation … hehehehe
- afternoons when i got to climb guava trees before going back to school
- bicycle ride with ramel and job (+), my two elementary friends… job’s father used to bring the three of us to school in a single bike
- when i won in the district religion quiz bee back in the second grade
- hehehe… also in the science quiz bee when i was in grade six 😉
- i got to be an escort in the coronation of the queen, who happens to be my cousin…. hahaha!
- when i throw my crush’s tsinelas (flip-flops) to the roof because she doesn’t like me to be her escort
- winning in the RSSPC… read: editorial wiritng FILIPINO! =p
- dancing our way to become regional champions in the folk dance
- the inspiration of Cherry Solas
- being class president in fourth year
- wearing long-sleeves shirt for the JS Prom during my junior year… bwahahaha!
- making of our Radio Drama program in Filipino class… writer/director, ehem! 😉
- JES president
- Jr. Philcoman Regiona president
- parangal … 2 CS certificates 😉
- lantern parade 1994
- Blue Jeans presentation… ehem!
- San Dionisio field trip in Nat Sci II
- Mambucal trip with friends
- Freedom at 18
there might be endless factors that could motivate one person to work and enjoy it. for me, honesty and sincerity are important in my dealings with others. for the past weeks i’ve been jokingly singing the line ” honesty is a lonely word, everyone is so untrue…” perhaps to express my disappointments about what has been happening around me.
while it’s easy to get away from commitments by making up stories or telling little (white)lies, it is still important that a person should be brave enough to face the consequence of his actions. this makes someone more of a person with integrity…. this might be long process, but it’s MORE THAN WORTH IT